South Carolina State defeats Norfolk State 97-82Jan 26, 2010 - 3:53 AM ORANGEBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jason Flagler scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help South Carolina State defeat Norfolk State 97-82 on Monday night.
Khalif Toombs, who was 18 of 20 from the free throw line, finished with 21 points, and Darnell Porter added 19 for the Bulldogs (9-8, 3-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference).
Leading 32-22, South Carolina State went on a 15-4 run to end the half. Brandon Smalls capped the run on a 3-pointer with one second left in the first half for a 47-26 Bulldogs' advantage.
South Carolina State shot 54.8 percent from the field in the first half (17 of 31), including going 5 of 10 from 3-point range.
The Bulldogs extended their lead to as many as 25 points, 64-39, on a tip-in by Flagler with 12:36 to play.
Kyle O'Quinn had 32 points and 11 rebounds and Michael Deloach added 22 points for the Spartans (3-15, 2-4).
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 82
S CAROLINA ST 97 FINAL
Jan 25 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 26
S CAROLINA ST 47 HALFTIME
Jan 25 8:33 PM
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16