Jones lifts Rhode Island past Dayton 65-64Jan 27, 2010 - 3:16 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Marquis Jones hit a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left to lift Rhode Island to a 65-64 win over Dayton on Tuesday night, snapping the Flyers' 30-game home winning streak.
Jones also scored the game-winning buzzer-beater last year in the Rams' 93-91 overtime win over Dayton.
Delroy James led Rhode Island (16-3, 4-2 Atlantic 10 Conference) with 22 points and Keith Cothran added 17.
The Rams trailed 33-24 at halftime and by 11 with 18:26 left, but pulled ahead 45-44 on a Cothran three-point play. After Rhode Island extended its lead to 54-49 with 7:49 left, Dayton (14-6, 3-3) went on a 10-0 run.
The Rams regained the advantage at 62-61 with 30 seconds left. Chris Johnson hit three straight free throws with 15 seconds remaining before Jones' game-winner. Mickey Perry's 3-pointer missed with 1 second left.
Chris Wright and London Warren scored 12 each for the Flyers.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18