Boston College defeats Clemson 75-69Jan 27, 2010 - 2:22 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Reggie Jackson scored 18 points and dished out seven assists to lead Boston College to a 75-69 win over suddenly slumping Clemson on Tuesday night.
Corey Raji had 14 points and Rakim Sanders added 11 for Boston College (12-9, 3-4 Atlantic Coast Conference), which shot 56 percent from the field.
Trevor Booker led the Tigers (15-6, 3-4) with 19 points and eight rebounds.
Raji's jumper from the left wing gave the Eagles a 58-47 edge with just under 8 minutes to play, but the Tigers stayed close and finally made a late run, closing it to 66-60 on Tanner Smith's free throw with 2:18 left.
Cortney Dunn had a put-back for BC, pushing the lead back to eight with just under 2 minutes left, but the Tigers closed it to 68-64 on Booker's short bank shot with 44.7 seconds left.
Jackson hit 6 of 6 free throw attempts in the closing 33.9 seconds to seal the win.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 75 FINAL
Jan 26 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 42 HALFTIME
Jan 26 7:53 PM
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Clemson picks up Texas A&M transfer in Elijah Thomas Jan 7
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Coach: Clemson reserve guard Austin Ajukwa transferring Nov 3
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Clemson Preview Capsule Oct 26
- On The Road: Clemson spending all season away from home Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11