North Dakota State rallies to defeat UMKC 73-69Jan 27, 2010 - 3:44 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Josh Vaughan finished with 19 points and eight rebounds and North Dakota State rallied in the second half to defeat UMKC 73-69 Tuesday night.
Michael Tveidt added 18 points and Eric Carlson 13 for the Bison (7-12, 4-5 Summit), who trailed by 12 at halftime.
Trey McKinney-Jones led the Kangaroos (9-11, 3-6) with 18 points, and Jay Couisnard had 15.
North Dakota State scored 23 points off 18 UMKC turnovers and rallied by shooting 64 percent in the second half after making only 32 percent of its shots before halftime.
The Bison used a 14-2 run midway through the second half to take a 55-52 lead - their first since 20-18 - and led the rest of the way. A 3-pointer by Vaughan started the rally, and Tveidt hit consecutive 3s to cap it.
The Kangaroos ended the first half with an 18-4 run to take a 36-24 lead into halftime.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 73
UMKC 69 FINAL
Jan 26 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 24
UMKC 36 HALFTIME
Jan 26 8:52 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9