Washington destroys neighboring Seattle 123-76Jan 27, 2010 - 5:41 AM By GREGG BELL AP Sports Writer
SEATTLE(AP) -- Quincy Pondexter rebounded from his worst game of the season with 27 points and 11 rebounds, and Washington overwhelmed neighboring Seattle University 123-76 Tuesday night.
Fill-in starter Venoy Overton added 20 points and eight assists as the Huskies (13-7) scored their most points since a 130-67 demolition of Chico State on Dec. 1, 1992.
Pondexter had just two points Saturday in a blowout loss at Southern California. He made nine of 11 shots against the stunned Redhawks (9-12). Many were soaring flights at the rim.
Washington scored a season-high 61 points in the first half. The lead got as high as 47 points early in the second half against the Redhawks of former Washington assistant Cameron Dollar.
Because six Seattle players fouled out, Dollar chose to play the final 1:27 with four players instead of burning the redshirt of freshman Adam Eakles.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SEATTLE 20 56 76
WASHINGTON 61 62 123 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: SEATTLE - CHARLES GARCIA 20, CERVANTE BURRELL 18,
TAYLOR OLSON 8
WASHINGTON - QUINCY PONDEXTER 27, VENOY OVERTON 20,
ELSTON TURNER 20
Jan 27 12:29 AM
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON 61 HALFTIME
Jan 26 11:02 PM
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9
- Andrews putting together star season for surprising Huskies Feb 2
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- It's early but Washington the only undefeated team in Pac-12 Jan 13
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62 Nov 28
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17