Wallace's 3-pointers lift UNLV by Air Force 60-50Jan 27, 2010 - 5:32 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Kendall Wallace made his first four 3-point attempts of the second half to boost UNLV to a 60-50 victory over Air Force on Tuesday night.
The Rebels took the lead in the second half when Wallace's 3-pointer gave them a 26-24 lead with 18:06 left. Wallace then connected on three more 3-pointers over the next 4:59 to help the Rebels to a 39-34 lead with 13:07 left.
Tre'Von Willis led UNLV (17-4, 5-2 Mountain West) with 13 points. Wallace and Chace Stanback scored 12 each. Oscar Bellfield had 10 assists for the Rebels.
Tom Fow and Grant Parker topped Air Force (8-11, 0-6) with 11 points each.
- NCAA BB
AIR FORCE 50
UNLV 60 FINAL
Jan 27 12:19 AM
- NCAA BB
AIR FORCE 24
UNLV 21 HALFTIME
Jan 26 11:16 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Air Force downs Western State Colorado 86-66 Dec 29