GW rallies for 67-62 win over Saint Louis in OTJan 28, 2010 - 3:14 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Tony Taylor scored 18 points, Lasan Kromah scored five of his 13 points in overtime and George Washington overcame a 13-point second-half deficit to beat Saint Louis 67-62 in overtime on Wednesday night.
The Colonials (12-7, 2-4 Atlantic 10 Conference), who snapped a four-game losing streak, trailed 48-35 with 9:32 remaining and 53-45 with 4:07 left to play in regulation until rallied to score eight straight points.
Following a basket by the Billikens (12-7, 3-2), Kromah put back a Dwayne Smith airball with 20 seconds left to force overtime.
Leading 58-57 in overtime, the Billikens turned the ball over under their own basket as Kromah picked up the loose ball and scored on a three-point play with 2:21 remaining.
After he added a jump shot to increase the lead to three, Taylor knocked down a jumper to give the Colonials their largest lead of the game at five points.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 62
GEO WASHINGTON 67 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 27 9:41 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 23
GEO WASHINGTON 18 HALFTIME
Jan 27 7:59 PM
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7