Thomas, Bowling Green edge Eastern Michigan 64-61Jan 28, 2010 - 3:27 AM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Scott Thomas scored 18 points and hit back-to-back 3-pointers late in the game that propelled Bowling Green to a 64-61 victory over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday night.
Thomas also blocked a potential game-tying shot on Eastern Michigan's last possession to preserve the win for the Falcons (10-8, 3-3 Mid-American). Jordon Crawford, Erik Marschall and Otis Polk 10 points apiece.
Justin Dobbins went 7 of 8 from the floor and led the Eagles (10-9, 2-4) with 17 points. Carlos Medlock added 16.
Eastern Michigan led all the way until Marschall's layup trimmed it to 53-52 with 4:23 remaining. That's when Thomas sank his game-turning 3-pointers, putting Bowling Green ahead 58-53 with 2:02 left.
The Eagles had one last chance when Medlock hit two free throws with seven seconds left to cut it to 64-61. The Eagles got the ball back, but Thomas blocked Medlock's shot to clinch it.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3