ETSU beats Campbell 72-57, ties for league leadJan 28, 2010 - 3:35 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Justin Tubbs scored 18 points and Jocolby Davis hit a key 3-pointer with 2:58 left to lift East Tennessee State to a 72-57 victory over Campbell on Wednesday night.
The win moved the Buccaneers (11-10, 7-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) into a three-way tie for the conference lead with the Camels (12-7, 7-3) and Jacksonville.
ETSU led 40-22 early in the second half but the Camels whittled the lead to 51-47 before Davis connected on a 40-foot 3-pointer.
Tubbs hit 3-pointers on ETSU's next two possessions, and the Buccaneers never led by less than nine after that.
ETSU shot 58.5 percent (24-for-41), including 50 percent (8-for-16) on 3-pointers. Campbell shot just 39.3 percent overall (22-for-56) and 18.2 percent (2-for-11) on 3-pointers.
Tommy Hubbard added 15 points and 10 rebounds for ETSU.
Jonathan Rodriguez and Junard Hartley scored 12 points apiece for Campbell.
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9
- No. 20 Tar Heels take on Buccaneers Dec 8
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20