Colgate edges Holy Cross 69-68 on Gyawu's shotJan 28, 2010 - 3:13 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Yaw Gyawu hit a 12-foot jumper after grabbing an offensive rebound with 2.9 seconds left to lift Colgate over Holy Cross 69-68 on Wednesday night.
Kyle Roemer scored 18 points and Gyawu 17 to lead the Raiders (6-14, 2-4 Patriot League), who had lost four straight.
Devin Brown scored all 19 of his points in the second half for the Crusaders (5-16, 2-4), including a 3-pointer with 28 seconds left that put Holy Cross ahead 68-67.
Ben Jonson's 3-pointer had given Colgate a 67-65 lead at the 1:00 mark.
The Raiders took their first lead, 40-39, on a layup by Gyawu with 13:24 remaining and led 52-41 with 8:25 left.
A 15-6 run by the Crusaders, including eight points by Brown, cut it to two, 58-56.
Mike Cavataio had 12 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for Holy Cross, whose leading scorer, R.J. Evans, left after the first 2 minutes with an injury.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 68
COLGATE 69 FINAL
Jan 27 9:31 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 32
COLGATE 31 HALFTIME
Jan 27 7:52 PM
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15