Bose lifts Nicholls State past McNeese State 63-61Jan 28, 2010 - 5:00 AM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Anatoly Bose had 23 points and 11 rebounds and hit a pair of game-winning free throws as Nicholls State held off McNeese State 63-61 on Wednesday night.
The Colonels (7-12, 3-3 Southland Conference) led 56-50 with 6:10 left, but the Cowboys pulled ahead 59-56 with 3:22 to go on a P.J. Alawoya jumper.
With the score tied at 61, Bose hit two free throws with 30 seconds left, then missed a pair with 8 seconds to go. Alawoya had the ball on the wing inside the 3-point line, but traveled, turning the ball over with 2 seconds left.
The Cowboys (7-12, 2-3) shot only 5-for-16 from the free throw line while the Colonels hit 12 of 18 foul shots.
Chris Iles had 15 points and three assists while shooting 3-for-5 from 3-point range for the Colonels and Kellan Carter had four steals.
C.J. Collins led McNeese State with 13 points and Diego Kapelan and Alawoya had 12 apiece.
- NCAA BB
MCNEESE ST 61
NICHOLLS ST 63 FINAL
Jan 27 10:14 PM
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22