Florida Gulf Coast beats Stetson 64-53Jan 28, 2010 - 4:13 AM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Freshman Anthony Banks scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, notching his fourth double-double of the season in a 64-53 win over Stetson on Wednesday night.
Reed Baker added 19 points, including going 4-for-6 from behind the arc, for the Eagles (7-13, 4-7 Atlantic Sun Conference). Derrick O'Neil pulled down 10 boards to go along with seven points.
Baker hit every 3-pointer for the Eagles, who finished 4-for-10 (40 percent). The Hatters were just 2-for-12 from long range (16.7 percent).
The Eagles jumped out to a 7-1 lead in the first 3:34.
After Stetson cut the lead to two, the Eagles rattled off 10 straight points to take a 22-10 lead with 6:12 left in the first half. The Eagles took a 31-20 advantage at halftime and cruised from there.
Ridge Graham led the Hatters (5-14, 3-8) with 14 points, while A.J. Smith added 10 points.
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30
- Surprising Eagles set sights on Gators in Sweet 16 Mar 28