Muonelo lifts Oklahoma State to 76-69 victoryJan 28, 2010 - 2:46 AM By MURRAY EVANS Associated Press Writer
STILLWATER, Okla.(AP) -- Obi Muonelo scored a season-high 24 points, James Anderson added 19 and Oklahoma State extended its home winning streak to 16 games with a 76-69 victory over Texas A&M on Wednesday night.
Oklahoma State (16-4, 4-2 Big 12) shot a season-best 57.9 percent and won its third straight game, a run that includes a road win over then-No. 10 Kansas State. The Cowboys overcame the absence of starting point guard Ray Penn, who has a stress reaction-type knee injury and missed his second straight game.
Donald Sloan scored 27 points to lead Texas A&M (14-6, 3-3). The Aggies are 1-4 this season in road games.
Oklahoma State won on the ninth anniversary of a plane crash that killed 10 men associated with the Cowboys' program. It was only the second time since the crash that Oklahoma State has played on the anniversary date.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS A&M 69
OKLAHOMA ST 76 FINAL
Jan 27 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS A&M 26
OKLAHOMA ST 26 HALFTIME
Jan 27 8:21 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20