Alabama shuts down LSU 57-38Jan 28, 2010 - 3:47 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Charvez Davis scored 15 points to lead Alabama to a 57-38 victory over LSU on Wednesday night.
Davis went 5-for-7 from the 3-point line as all his points came beyond the arc. He hit three 3-pointers in about a 5-minute stretch, when Alabama (13-7, 3-3 Southeastern Conference) broke open a close game.
The win followed Alabama's 62-57 upset of No. 23 Mississippi State on Jan. 23, while the loss left LSU winless in SEC play.
Trailing 29-26 at the 16:18 mark, Alabama made five straight 3-pointers to take a 41-29 lead with 11:03 remaining.
Alabama pushed the advantage to 57-35 with 1:58 to play.
Tony Mitchell had 10 points and 10 rebounds and Mikhail Torrance added 10 points for Alabama.
LSU (9-11, 0-6) shot 29.2 percent from the field (14-for-48).
Storm Warren led LSU with nine points and Tasmin Mitchell had eight points and 10 rebounds.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9