SE Louisiana beats Central Arkansas 60-53Jan 28, 2010 - 4:32 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- DeShawn Patterson tied a career high with 17 points and Southeastern Louisiana held off Central Arkansas 60-53 on Wednesday night.
Patrick Sullivan added 10 points for the Lions (11-8, 3-3 Southland Conference), who snapped a three-game skid. Patterson, who entered the game averaging 3.7 points per game, finished 5-for-9 from the floor and 7-of-9 from the foul line in helping Southeastern Louisiana to its ninth home win in 10 tries.
The Lions outrebounded the Bears 38-31, as Southeastern Louisiana's Jason Marks pulled down a season-high 10.
Central Arkansas (7-13, 1-5) took a 46-42 lead after a free throw by Jared Rehmel and a layup from Imad Qahwash. But Trent Hutchin scored six of his eight points in a 9-3 run that gave the Lions the lead for good with 3:59 left.
Rueter scored 22 points for the Bears while Tadre Sheppard added 12 points, five rebounds and four blocks.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL ARK 53
SE LOUISIANA 60 FINAL
Jan 27 9:57 PM
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29