Sam Houston State defeats Lamar, 90-63Jan 28, 2010 - 3:34 AM HUNTSVILLE, Texas(AP) -- Corey Allmond scored 24 points to lead Sam Houston to a 90-63 victory over Lamar in Southland Conference play on Wednesday night.
The victory makes Sam Houston's record 13-5 and 5-0 in Southland action, only the second time in the Bearkats' 23 years in the league for Sam Houston to win their first five games.
Allmond made 4 of 6 from behind the arc. Ashton Mitchell scored 14 points and Preston Brown added 12 for Sam Houston.
Kendrick Harris led Lamar (10-11, 2-4) with 15 points, and Anthony Miles added 10 points.
The Bearkats outrebounded Lamar 41-31 with Antuan Bootle pulling down a game-high 11 for Sam Houston.
Sam Houston never trailed, jumping out to a 20-10 lead on a lay-up by Allmond eight minutes into the game. The Bearkats built a 48-31 lead by intermission and led by as many as 31 points in the second half.
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Top-ranked Indiana blasts Sam Houston State Nov 15
- Bearkats come north seeking upset of top-ranked Hoosiers Nov 15