Stephen F. Austin defeats Northwestern State 66-56Jan 28, 2010 - 4:28 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Eddie Williams scored 17 points and Stephen F. Austin shot 57.7 percent (15-for-26) in the second half to pull away to a 66-56 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
The Lumberjacks (14-5, 4-2 Southland Conference) retained first place in the league's East Division by holding the Demons (6-12, 1-4), who had shot 56 percent in their two previous games, to 35.3 percent (18-for-51) in this one.
Northwestern State missed all 11 of its 3-point tries.
Stephen F. Austin, which led 32-28 at halftime, increased its advantage to 12 points three times, the last with 1:43 to go after a steal and layup by Williams.
Northwestern State got 17 points from Will Pratt, 15 by Devon Baker and a 13-point, 19-rebound performance from sophomore center William Mosley, who also blocked four shots. It was the third time this season he's had at least 17 rebounds.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21