Lawson Jr. hits 16 as Creighton tops Bradley 73-68Jan 28, 2010 - 3:44 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Kenny Lawson Jr. scored 16 points and Creighton never trailed in a 73-68 victory over Bradley on Wednesday night.
Josh Jones added 13 points, Darryl Ashford 12 and Justin Carter 11 for the balanced Bluejays (11-10, 6-4 Missouri Valley), who outscored Bradley 27-7 off the bench.
Taylor Brown led the Braves (10-10, 5-5) with a double-double of 19 points and 12 rebounds. Andrew Warren scored 13, Sam Maniscalco 11 and Will Egolf 10.
Bradley trailed 38-36 at the break and finally tied it at 41. But 3-pointers by Ashford, Antoine Young and Jones sent Creighton to a 52-45 lead with 13:38 left.
Trailing 69-62, the Braves ran off six in a row to cut it to 69-68. But Lawson hit two more free throws, and Carter iced it with two more foul shots with 6 seconds to go.
Bradley scored only one point in the final 3:56.
- NCAA BB
BRADLEY 68 FINAL
Jan 27 10:08 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21