Northern Iowa tops Drake 67-51Jan 28, 2010 - 3:21 AM CEDAR FALLS, Iowa(AP) -- Adam Koch scored 14 points and Northern Iowa defeated Drake 67-51 Wednesday night.
The Panthers (18-2, 9-1 Missouri Valley) beat their third Division I team from Iowa this season. Northern Iowa already owned victories over Iowa and Iowa State.
Jordan Eglseder and Ali Farokhmanesh scored 10 points apiece for the conference-leading Panthers, now 9-0 at the McLeod Center this season.
Northern Iowa, which ranked second in the country in scoring defense entering Wednesday at 55.4 points per game, played more good defense to snap Drake's five-game winning streak. The Bulldogs (10-12, 5-5) had been the hottest team in the Missouri Valley before running into the stingy Panthers.
Josh Young led Drake with 12 points and Adam Templeton scored 10.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8