Wyoming defeats Utah 75-69Jan 28, 2010 - 4:58 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Desmar Jackson scored 21 points as Wyoming rallied past Utah 75-69 in mountain West Conference play on Wednesday.
The Cowboys (9-11, 2-4) lost a 12-point lead in the second half and trailed by three with three minutes remaining, and went on to outscore Utah 11-2 down the stretch.
Wyoming went into the game as one of the top shooting teams in the nation in free throws made and free throws attempted, but were just 23 of 44 (52.3 percent) from the line in the game. The Cowboys, however, were 7 of 9 in the final 46-seconds to secure the win.
Carlon Brown came off the off the bench with a career-high 31 points for Utah (3-3, 10-10).
Leading 35-32 at halftime, Wyoming built its lead to 46-34 with 14 minutes to play, but Utah used a 9-0 run to get back in the game. Brown was the catalyst of the rally, scoring 22 points in the second half, including 11 of the team's 14 points in one stretch.
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 75 FINAL
Jan 27 11:24 PM
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 35 HALFTIME
Jan 27 9:54 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11