Mason-Griffin, Oklahoma stave off Iowa State 89-84Jan 28, 2010 - 4:27 AM NORMAN, Okla.(AP) -- With its top two scorers injured and in street clothes, Oklahoma built a big lead, then held on to beat Iowa State 89-84 Wednesday night behind Tommy Mason-Griffin and Cade Davis.
Mason-Griffin scored 38 points and Davis added 24 for the Sooners (12-8, 3-3 Big 12), who are 10-0 at home and 2-8 on the road.
Oklahoma won without guard Willie Warren (17.6) and forward Tony Crocker (12.3), both out with sprained right ankles.
Iowa State (12-8, 1-4) had six double-figure scorers, led by Diante Garrett's 17.
Craig Brackins, who had been averaging 16.0 points and 7.8 rebounds, was held to 13 points and six rebounds.
Oklahoma led by 18 points, but Iowa State cut the deficit to three points four times in the second half, the final time with 6 seconds left. The Sooners clinched it by making 7 of 8 free throws in the final two minutes.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA STATE 32 52 84
OKLAHOMA 48 41 89 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IOWA STATE - DIANTE GARRETT 17, SCOTT CHRISTOPHERSON
14, CRAIG BRACKINS 13
OKLAHOMA - TOMMY MASON-GRIFFIN 38, CADE DAVIS 24,
TINY GALLON 9
Jan 27 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
IOWA ST 32
OKLAHOMA 48 HALFTIME
Jan 27 9:50 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Oklahoma's Manyang suspended indefinitely from basketball May 6
- Oklahoma hires Carlin Hartman as assistant May 4
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Oklahoma basketball coach Lon Kruger hires son as assistant Apr 13
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Sooners look to regroup after bad loss in Hield's last game Apr 3
- Hield held below 10 points as Oklahoma loses in Final Four Apr 3