Burks leads Colorado past Nebraska 72-60Jan 28, 2010 - 5:33 AM BOULDER, Colo.(AP) -- Alec Burks scored 21 points, hitting 3-of-4 free throws down the stretch, and Colorado beat Nebraska 72-60 Wednesday night to keep the Cornhuskers winless in Big 12 play.
Christian Standhardinger had 14 points off the bench to lead Nebraska (12-8, 0-5). None of the Cornhuskers' starters scored in double figures.
Cory Higgins had 11 points and Nate Tomlinson 10 for Colorado (11-9, 2-4), which won at home for the 10th time in 11 games.
Up by 10 at the half, the Buffaloes extended their lead to 49-33 with 12:19 remaining when Levi Knutson drained a 3-pointer and Casey Crawford drove in for a layup on successive possessions.
The cold-shooting Cornhuskers struggled to narrow the deficit. They managed to pull to within 65-54 on Eshaunte Jones' layup with 3:42 remaining but Higgins answered with a 15-foot jumper, and Burks made three free throws in the final 1:04.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28