Siena 66, St. Peter's 58Jan 29, 2010 - 3:34 AM JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -- Ryan Rossiter scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Siena to a 66-58 victory over Saint Peter's on Thursday night, extending the longest winning streak in Division I to 12 games.
Siena (18-4, 11-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) has not lost since dropping an 82-65 decision to Northern Iowa on Dec. 12.
The Saints went 1-for-10 from beyond the arc, but Kyle Griffin hit their only 3-pointer for a 54-48 lead with 8:44 left in the game.
Saint Peter's (12-9, 7-4), which had a five-game winning streak snapped, cut the lead to 58-56. But Alex Franklin scored on a layup for a four-point lead with 36 seconds to play.
Clarence Jackson added 15 points, Ronald Moore had 10 and nine assists, and Franklin had 10 rebounds.
Wesley Jenkins led Saint Peter's with 13 points. Nick Leon added 12 and Ryan Bacon finished with 11 points and 15 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 58 FINAL
Jan 28 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 31 HALFTIME
Jan 28 7:46 PM
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22