North Texas edges Western Kentucky 84-83 in OTJan 29, 2010 - 4:02 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Eric Tramiel scored 25 points and made the game-winning basket with 8 seconds left in overtime to give North Texas an 84-83 victory Thursday night over Western Kentucky.
The Mean Green (13-7, 6-4 Sun Belt Conference) have won four of their last five games.
Steffphon Pettigrew made a contested 3-pointer with one-tenth of a second left in regulation for the Hilltoppers (11-10, 4-5) to force overtime.
Tristan Thompson added 20 points for North Texas and George Odufuwa had 15 points and 16 rebounds.
The game featured 16 ties and 15 lead changes.
The Hilltoppers shot 30-for-37 from the free throw line, while the Mean Green shot 16-for-23. From the field, North Texas shot 49.2 percent (32-for-65) compared to Western Kentucky's 41.4 percent (24-for-58).
Pettigrew scored 23 points for the Hilltoppers, who have lost five straight. A.J. Slaughter had 18 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 84
WKU 83 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 28 10:22 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 35
WKU 34 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:56 PM
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27
- 24th-ranked Bulldogs set sights on Mean Green Nov 27
- Bozeman lifts Arkansas-Little Rock to Sun Belt crown Mar 8
- Jayhawks continue amazing home streak, rout North Texas Nov 19
- K-State routs North Texas 82-62 in West Regional Mar 18