Austin Peay beats Eastern Kentucky 80-76Jan 29, 2010 - 4:27 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 24 points, pulling Austin Peay into a tie for third place in the Ohio Valley Conference with an 80-76 win over Eastern Kentucky on Thursday night.
Anthony Campbell added 19 points, Justin Blake had 13 points and John Fraley pulled down 14 rebounds for the Governors (12-10, 6-4).
The Governors avenged a 76-71 loss at Eastern Kentucky on Jan. 4, and are tied with the Colonels in the third slot in the OVC standings.
Austin Peay trailed most of the first half and the Colonels increased their lead to 25-23 with 5:34 before halftime on Joshua Jones' 3-pointer. But the Governors went on a 13-5 run, capped by a Channels' 3-pointer, to take a six-point halftime lead they wouldn't relinquish.
The Colonels went on a 6-3 run in the last 37 seconds, but it wasn't enough.
Justin Stommes scored 20 points to lead the Colonels (14-8, 6-4).
- NCAA BB
EASTRN KENTUCKY 76
AUSTIN PEAY 80 FINAL
Jan 28 10:25 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN KENTUCKY 30
AUSTIN PEAY 36 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:16 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Wisconsin (12-0) off to best start in school history Dec 14