Oregon State rally tops Southern California 51-45Jan 29, 2010 - 3:56 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Calvin Haynes scored 16 of his 25 points in the second half Thursday night to lead Oregon State to a 51-45 comeback victory over Southern California.
Oregon State (9-11, 3-5 Pac-10) trailed by 10 in the first half and didn't take its first lead until Roeland Schaftenaar's layin gave the Beavers a 35-34 advantage with 11:29 remaining.
Oregon State never trailed again and held USC (12-8, 4-4) to just two points in the last 3:30.
Nikola Vucevic had 12 points and eight rebounds and Leonard Washington added 11 points and six rebounds for USC.
Schaftenaar added 10 points for Oregon State, which had lost three straight entering Thursday.
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 51 FINAL
Jan 28 10:25 PM
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 22 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:19 PM
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28