Love has 17, Xavier beats Duquesne 86-50Jan 29, 2010 - 2:04 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jason Love scored 17 points off an array of one-hand shots near the basket, and Kenny Frease had his first career double-double Thursday night, leading Xavier to an 86-50 victory over Duquesne that extended the Musketeers' run of home-court success.
The Musketeers (14-6, 6-1 Atlantic 10) have won their last 20 games at the Cintas Center, their longest streak since the arena opened for the 2000-01 season and the fifth-longest active streak in Division I.
Xavier also has won its last 28 Atlantic 10 games at home, six shy of matching Temple's conference record.
Love, the Musketeers' lone senior, went 8 of 9 from the field and got nine rebounds. Frease had 13 points and 12 rebounds. Jordan Crawford added 17 points.
Duquesne (10-10, 1-5) was led by Melquan Bolding's 14 points.
- NCAA BB
XAVIER 86 FINAL
Jan 28 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
XAVIER 43 HALFTIME
Jan 28 7:59 PM
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1