High Point 69, N.C.-Asheville 83Jan 29, 2010 - 3:20 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- J.P. Primm scored 16 points and had 12 assists to lead five North Carolina-Asheville players in double figures in the Bulldogs' 83-69 win over High Point on Thursday night.
UNC-Asheville (9-12, 6-4 Big South Conference) shot a season-high 63.3 percent from the field (31-for-49), was 5-for-10 from 3-point range and hit 16 of 20 free throws in winning its sixth straight game.
Sean Smith scored 14 points, Chris Stephenson and Matt Dickey added 12 apiece and John Williams had 11 points and six blocked shots for the Bulldogs.
High Point (10-10, 5-5) had a 38-31 advantage on the boards, with 23 offensive boards to seven for UNC-Asheville.
The Panthers led 36-34 in the first half when the Bulldogs used a 9-0 run en route to a 43-38 halftime lead.
Cruz Daniels had 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Panthers. Nick Barbour and Eugene Harris scored 13 points each.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15