Radford beats Gardner-Webb 80-73Jan 29, 2010 - 2:57 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Blake Smith scored a season-high 23 points, and two Radford players notched double-doubles, as the Highlanders held off Gardner-Webb 80-73 on Thursday night.
Art Parakhouski scored 15 points and grabbed 12 boards, while Lazar Trifunovic added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Highlanders (11-9, 7-3 Big South Conference). Amir Johnson and Joey Lynch-Flohr finished with 12 points apiece.
Smith, who also dished out eight assists and tallied three steals, knocked down four 3-pointers for the Highlanders.
Radford finished 6-for-18 from beyond the arc (33.3 percent), while the Runnin' Bulldogs were 4-for-19 (21.1 percent).
The Highlanders led just 29-27 with 4:34 left before halftime, but increased that cushion with a 12-4 run the rest of the way. They stayed in front from then on.
Anton Silver scored 16 points for Gardner-Webb (6-14, 3-7).
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Walker, Gators bounce back to down Radford Dec 22
- Louisville rebounds with convincing win over Gardner-Webb Dec 18