Detroit dominates Loyola 83-63Jan 29, 2010 - 2:39 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Chase Simon scored 30 points to lead Detroit to an 83-63 victory over Loyola of Chicago Thursday night.
Simon was 10-for-20 from the field and made all seven of his free-throw attempts.
Eli Holman contributed 16 points, 12 rebounds and four blocked shots for the Titans (13-8, 6-4 Horizon). Thomas Kennedy added 14 points and Xavier Keeling 13.
Detroit led 51-50 midway through the second half before breaking the game open. The Titans shot 52 percent from the field in the second half compared to 32 percent for Loyola. For the game, Detroit made 46 percent of its shots, while Loyola made 40 percent.
Terrance Hill led the Ramblers (12-8, 3-7) with 20 points. Andy Polka had 12 points and nine rebounds for Loyola, which led 37-35 at halftime.
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11