Wright State sinks Illinois-Chicago 79-43Jan 29, 2010 - 3:51 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins and Troy Tabler scored 14 points apiece, leading five players in double figures as Wright State crushed Illinois-Chicago 79-43 on Thursday night.
Cory Cooperwood added 13 points and Todd Brown had 11 for the Raiders (13-8, 6-4 Horizon League), who have won back-to-back games.
Tabler sank three 3-pointers and Duggins hit two for the Raiders, who finished 8-for-21 from beyond the arc. The Flames were just 4-for-20 (20 percent).
Wright State shot 51 percent from the floor (26-for-51), while the Flames were at just 20 percent (10-for-50).
The Raiders led by 10 points at halftime, held a 51-38 advantage midway through the second and sealed the win on a late 12-0 run.
Robo Kreps scored 16 points to lead the Flames (5-15, 1-9), who have dropped seven straight games and sit in last place in the conference.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- Valpo downs Wright State for Horizon League title Mar 12
- Crusaders and Raiders clash for Horizon League championship Mar 12
- No. 11 Cincinnati tops Wright State Dec 22