Boykin leads Cal to 78-70 win over Arizona StateJan 29, 2010 - 3:42 AM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Sports Writer
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Jamal Boykin scored a career-high 25 points and had 10 rebounds, and California defeated Arizona State 78-70 on Thursday night to remain alone atop the Pac-10.
Jerome Randle scored 25 points and Patrick Christopher added 21 for the Golden Bears (14-6, 6-2 Pac-10), who nearly blew a 16-point lead in the final 15 minutes.
After Arizona State pulled to within 67-66 with three minutes remaining, Cal's Jorge Gutierrez hit a 3-pointer, and the Golden Bears pulled away down the stretch.
Eric Boateng had 19 points and 13 rebounds and Ty Abbott added 20 points for Arizona State (14-7, 4-4), which has lost back-to-back home games.
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23