Jacksonville State defeats SE Missouri 58-55Jan 29, 2010 - 4:54 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Trenton Marshall scored 14 points to lead Jacksonville State to a 58-55 victory over Southeast Missouri on Thursday night.
The Gamecocks (9-11, 5-5 Ohio Valley Conference) trailed 55-53, but Jeremy Bynum hit a 3-pointer with 8 seconds left for a 56-55 lead. Nick Murphy added two free throws with 2 seconds to play.
Jacksonville State won despite shooting 25 percent from the field in the second half (6-for-24).
Southeast Missouri (6-14, 3-7) took a 53-49 lead on Sam Pearson's jumper with 3:04 left, but Jacksonville State tied the score at 53 on Dominique Shellman's two free throws with 1:23 to play.
Pearson's layup gave Southeast Missouri a 55-53 lead with 23 seconds remaining.
Bynum scored 12 and Murphy added 11. Shellman had nine assists.
Derek Thompson scored 18 to lead Southeast Missouri. Pearson added 13 and Jajuan Maxwell had 13 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 55
JACKSONVILLE ST 58 FINAL
Jan 28 10:45 PM
rootsRUWTbot Added 22 roots (Close Finish)
Southeast Missouri State 53, Jacksonville State 52 2nd - 1:23Jan 28 10:35 PM
rootsRUWTbot Added 54 roots (Close Finish)
Southeast Missouri State 49, Jacksonville State 48 2nd - 3:49Jan 28 10:25 PM
- NCAA BB
SE MISSOURI 30
JACKSONVILLE ST 35 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:35 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16