Montana beats Northern Colorado, 64-62Jan 29, 2010 - 4:27 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Derek Selvig made three free throws in the final 1:15 and Anthony Johnson scored 19 points as Montana avenged an earlier loss with a 64-62 victory over Northern Colorado Thursday night.
Selvig finished with 13 points for Montana (14-7, 5-4 Big Sky). Ryan Staudacher added 17 points, including five 3-pointers, for the Grizzlies, who lost 59-48 to Northern Colorado in Missoula on Dec. 5.
Devon Beitzel led Northern Colorado (17-5, 6-3) with 15 points. Will Figures had 12, but missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
The loss drops Northern Colorado to 8-1 at home. The Bears had won 12 consecutive home games, two short of the school record.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 62 FINAL
Jan 28 11:05 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 23 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:52 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8