Loyola Marymount rallies twice for 68-65 victoryJan 29, 2010 - 5:52 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Kevin Young scored a season-high 21 points and Given Kalipinde added a career-best 15 as Loyola Marymount overcame a pair of second-half deficits to beat San Diego 68-65 Thursday.
Vernon Teel added 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds for the Lions (11-11, 2-4 West Coast).
Chris Manresa led San Diego (8-14, 1-5) with a career-high 15 points.
San Diego led 40-29 on a 3-pointer by De'Jon Jackson just under four minutes into the second half. Loyola went on a 12-2 run to the cut the deficit to one, then took its first lead on Kalipinde's fourth 3-pointer, 46-45, with 11:55 to play.
The Toreros went back on top 60-53 with 6:01 to play, before the Lions answered with an 11-0 run to take a 64-60 lead.
A 3-pointer by Jackson cut the lead to 67-65 with 26 seconds to play, and San Diego stole the ball on the ensuing inbounds play. But after a time-out with 13.5 seconds to play, Jackson's 3-pointer was long.
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 65
LOYOLA MARYMNT 68 FINAL
Jan 29 12:01 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 33
LOYOLA MARYMNT 26 HALFTIME
Jan 28 10:52 PM
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Gonzaga pulls away from San Diego Feb 27
- Toreros face tall task in clash with third-ranked Zags Feb 26
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga holds off San Diego Dec 30
- Toreros host Bulldogs in WCC action Dec 29
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23