Canisius holds off Niagara 73-70 in overtimeJan 30, 2010 - 3:03 AM BUFFALO, N.Y.(AP) -- Elton Frazier had 20 points and 10 rebounds and Frank Turner added 18 points as Canisius held off Niagara 73-70 in overtime on Friday night.
Frazier, who had his second double-double of the season, scored four points in overtime while Turner had five. The Golden Griffins (11-11, 6-5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) led by seven with 32 seconds left in overtime when the Purple Eagles pulled within 72-70 with 15 seconds left on 3-pointers by Rob Garrison and Tyrone Lewis, who led Niagara with 19 points.
Turner made one of two free throws with 12 seconds to go and Garrison missed a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left.
Niagara (11-12, 4-7) led 34-32 at halftime. The game was close in the second half before Canisius pulled ahead 62-54 with 4:02 left. Anthony Nelson hit six free throws and a Garrison layup with 2:16 to go tied the game. Neither team scored again, forcing overtime.
- NCAA BB
CANISIUS 73 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 29 9:26 PM
- NCAA BB
CANISIUS 32 HALFTIME
Jan 29 7:50 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Bennett lifts UNLV over Canisius Dec 23
- Canisius heads to Sin City to take on No. 21 UNLV Dec 22
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- No. 4 Syracuse routs Canisius Dec 15
- Fourth-ranked Syracuse hosts Canisius in Gotham Classic Dec 15
- Canisius hires Jim Baron Apr 2
- Former Canisius basketball coach Curran dies Jan 30
- No. 24 Missouri routs Niagara Nov 17