Cornell dominates Dartmouth 71-37Jan 30, 2010 - 2:42 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Max Groebe scored 15 points and Cornell dominated Dartmouth in a 71-37 rout on Friday night.
Ryan Wittman had 12 points and Louis Dale added 10 for the Big Red (17-3, 3-0 Ivy League), who have won five straight games and 15 of their last 16 contests. Their lone loss came to then-No. 1 Kansas in a 71-66 defeat on Jan. 6.
Cornell scored the game's first seven points, holding the Big Green (4-13, 0-3) to 13 points in the first half. The Big Red opened the second half with a 20-6 run, capped by Groebe's 3-pointer to give them a 47-19 lead with 12:08 to play.
Groebe went 5-for-7 from the floor and 4-for-6 from beyond the arc for the Big Red, who had 12 players score in the game.
Dartmouth, which shot 27.6 percent from the field (16-for-58), had no player scoring in double figures although every player on the team scored. Josh Riddle led Dartmouth with six points.
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 71 FINAL
Jan 29 8:43 PM
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 27 HALFTIME
Jan 29 7:47 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8
- Harvard wins Ivy League Mar 9
- Duke uses giant run to pound Cornell Dec 19
- Top-ranked Duke plays host to Cornell Dec 19
- Brust, Badgers crush Cornell Nov 19
- Cornell visits No. 22 Wisconsin Nov 18
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7