Braswell's 14 points lead Yale past Penn 61-48Jan 30, 2010 - 2:16 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Porter Braswell scored 14 points and Yale used a strong first half to pull away from Penn in a 61-48 victory on Friday night.
Greg Mangano had 10 points and seven rebounds off the bench for the Bulldogs (8-12, 2-1 Ivy League), who opened the game with 11 straight points. Reggie Willhite's dunk with 8:41 left in the first half gave Yale a 24-9 lead - its largest of the game.
The Bulldogs, who have won four of their last five games, shot 53.5 percent from the floor (23-for-43) to help maintain a double-digit advantage throughout the second half - except once - to pull away.
The Quakers (1-14), who played in their conference season opener, shot 35.8 percent from the field (19-for-53).
Zack Rosen led Penn with 14 points and six assists. Jack Eggleston had a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds, while Dan Monckton had 11 points.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9