Utah Valley St. 46, N.J. Tech 71Jan 31, 2010 - 12:32 AM NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Sammy Schickel scored a career-high 18 points and New Jersey Institute of Technology dominated Utah Valley 71-46 on Saturday.
The Highlanders (7-13, 2-2 Great West Conference) jumped out to a 40-18 halftime lead en route to winning two games in a row for only the second time this season.
Schickel was 7-for-10 from the field and 4-for-6 from 3-point range. Chris Flores added 16 points, five rebounds, five assists and four steals for NJIT, which shot 54 percent from the field (27-for-50) compared to 28.3 percent (13-for-46) for the Wolverines.
Utah Valley (9-12, 2-3) was 3-for-24 from the field in the first half.
Aaron England, who came off the bench for the Wolverines, scored all 12 of his points in the second half, connecting on 4 of 5 3-point attempts. Jordan Swarbrick added 10 for Utah Valley, which lost to NJIT for the first time in seven contests.
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12