Richmond beats Saint Louis 62-36Jan 30, 2010 - 10:18 PM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Justin Harper scored 16 points, leading nine Richmond players on the score sheet as the Spiders trounced Saint Louis 62-36 on Saturday.
David Gonzalvez and Francis-Cedric Martel added 10 points apiece for the Spiders (16-6, 5-2 Atlantic 10 Conference), who held the Billikens scoreless from 3-point range and the foul line.
Saint Louis was 0-for-10 from beyond the arc and 0-for-3 at the foul line.
The Spiders shot 4-for-18 from long range (22.2 percent) while going 10-for-16 from the charity stripe (62.5 percent).
Willie Reed scored twice in the game's first minute, putting Saint Louis up 4-1. But the Billikens scored just once more in the next 10 minutes, as the Spiders pulled ahead 17-6 and cruised from there.
The Spiders led 37-20 at halftime and held the Billikens to just 16 points in the second.
Kwamain Mitchell scored 18 points for Saint Louis (12-8, 3-3).
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23