Miami sinks Eastern Michigan 61-51Jan 30, 2010 - 8:58 PM MIAMI, Ohio(AP) -- Antonio Ballard and Nick Winbush scored 11 points apiece, leading Miami (Ohio) to a 61-51 win over Eastern Michigan on Saturday.
Ballard and Winbush were the only players in double figures for the RedHawks (8-13, 5-3, Mid-American Conference), who led by 17 points at halftime and were never threatened. With the score tied at 7-7 early in the first half, Winbush nailed a 3-pointer that started a 20-3 Miami run.
The RedHawks held off the Eagles despite being outscored 37-30 in the second.
Miami shot 65.4 percent from the foul line (17-for-26) compared to just a 38.5 mark for the Eagles (5-for-13).
Justin Dobbins scored 15 points for the Eagles (10-10, 2-5), while Brandon Bowdry and Carlos Medlock added 10 apiece.
The RedHawks have won back-to-back games for the first time this season, and have taken three of their last four. The Eagles have dropped four of five.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3