Sherman lifts Kent State past W. Michigan 74-73Jan 30, 2010 - 10:12 PM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Rodriquez Sherman converted a three-point play with 2 seconds left to lift Kent State to a 74-73 win Saturday over Western Michigan.
Chris Singletary finished with 24 points and Sherman added 12 points and six assists for the Golden Flashes (14-7, 5-2 Mid-American Conference). Singletary's layup tied the score at 71-71 with 21 seconds to play.
The Broncos (11-9, 3-4) pulled ahead by two points on David Kool's layup with 8 seconds left. But Sherman answered 6 seconds later with a dunk and hit a free throw after he was fouled by Western Michigan's Donald Lawson to complete the game-winning three-point play.
Justin Greene scored nine points and grabbed 12 rebounds for the Golden Flashes, who have won four in a row.
Kool was the only Western Michigan player to score in double figures with 38 points. He went 12-for-23 from the floor and 12-for-12 from the free throw line.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 73
KENT ST 74 FINAL
Jan 30 4:17 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 29
KENT ST 35 HALFTIME
Jan 30 2:57 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- Leslie and Wolfpack take down Broncos Dec 29
- No. 23 Wolfpack welcome Broncos to Raleigh Dec 29
- Wolverines make quick work of Western Michigan Dec 5