Louisiana-Lafayette defeats Louisiana-Monroe 72-67Jan 31, 2010 - 1:39 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 19 points for his 10th straight game in double figures and Louisiana-Lafayette rallied to beat Louisiana-Monroe 72-67 on Saturday.
Trailing 39-37 with 13:32 left, the Ragin' Cajuns (9-12, 6-4 Sun Belt Conference) twice went inside to Javan Mitchell, who was fouled both times and made four free throws to push Louisiana-Lafayette ahead 41-39 with 12:11 to go.
Mitchell banked in a shot to spark a 7-0 run that gave the Ragin' Cajuns a 52-43 lead with 5:45 left. The Warhawks (9-14, 4-8) pulled within 54-49 with 4:25 left, but they could get no closer until the final minute.
The Ragin' Cajuns held Louisiana-Monroe to only five field goals in the first 18 minutes of the second half.
Raymone Andrews scored 17 points and made 11 of 14 free throws for Louisiana-Lafayette.
Dynile Forbes led the Warhawks with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28