Texas A&M beats Texas Tech 85-70Jan 31, 2010 - 4:31 AM By KRISTIE RIEKEN AP Sports Writer
COLLEGE STATION, Texas(AP) -- Donald Sloan scored 28 points and Texas A&M beat Texas Tech 85-70 on Saturday night.
The win is A&M's 15th straight at home and leaves the Red Raiders (14-7, 2-5 Big 12) winless on the road in conference play.
Texas A&M (15-6, 4-3) trailed for most of the first half but led the entire second half.
The Aggies led by 11 before a wild sequence with about 1 1/2 minutes remaining that included four quick points off two steals, the second of which left Tech's leading scorer Mike Singletary on the court injured.
Singletary was hurt while fighting for a ball with Bryan Davis. Play continued with Sloan finishing the fast break with a layup while Tech coach Pat Knight yelled at the officials to stop play so he could attend to his player.
Singletary was escorted to the locker room holding his right shoulder and grimacing after being looked at for a couple of minutes.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8