Middle Tennessee State defeats North Texas 69-64Jan 31, 2010 - 3:50 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Montarrio Haddock scored 15 points and Middle Tennessee State defeated North Texas 69-64 on Saturday night.
Calvin O'Neil added 13 points, and Desmond Yates and Rod Emanuel each had 12 for the Blue Raiders (13-10, 8-3 Sun Belt Conference), who have won five games in a row.
The Blue Raiders never trailed and held their largest lead of the game at 22-10 with 8:21 remaining in the first half. But the Mean Green battled back to cut the lead to 35-31 at halftime.
The margin was eight points or less the rest of the way, and North Texas cut the lead to 66-64 with 1:37 to go on a 3-pointer by Shannon Shorter. The Blue Raiders iced the game with a dunk by Emanuel and a free throw by Haddock in the final minute.
Tristan Thompson had 17 points, Josh White added 13, and George Odufuwa had 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Mean Green (13-8, 6-5).
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 64
MIDDLE TENN 69 FINAL
Jan 30 10:01 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 31
MIDDLE TENN 35 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:51 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19