Wright St beats Loyola 66-48Jan 30, 2010 - 11:11 PM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins scored a season-high 21 points and Cory Cooperwood notched a double-double, leading Wright State in a 66-48 win over Loyola (Chicago) on Saturday.
Cooperwood matched a career-high with 19 points and grabbed 12 boards for the Raiders (14-8, 7-4 Horizon League), who have put together their fourth three-game winning streak of the season.
The Raiders led by five points at halftime but the Ramblers fought back in the second. Loyola grabbed a one-point lead at 45-44 with 7:41 to play, but the Raiders outscored Loyola 22-3 the rest of the way.
Cooperwood scored five points in just over a minute to spark the run for Wright State, which also got three consecutive 3s from Duggins, Cooperwood and Evans during the spree.
Marcus Thomas paced Loyola (12-9, 3-8) with 13 points off the bench, including four 3-pointers.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28