Abbott leads Arizona State past Stanford 88-70Jan 30, 2010 - 11:02 PM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Basketball Writer
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Ty Abbott scored 29 points and had a career-high 12 rebounds as Arizona State defeated Stanford 88-70 on Saturday to keep the Cardinal winless on the road.
Derek Glasser had 12 points and 10 assists for the Sun Devils (15-7, 5-4 Pac-10), who had dropped the first two games of a three-game homestand.
Landry Fields, tied for the Pac-10 scoring lead, had 22 points for the Cardinal, (10-11, 4-5), who fell to 0-8 on the road.
Abbott hit six 3-pointers in the first 10 minutes as Arizona State raced to a 41-11 lead, and the Sun Devils coasted from there, leading by as many as 37 points. He finished 11 of 14 from the floor and 7 of 9 from beyond the arc.
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18