Southeastern Louisiana beats Nicholls State 84-65Jan 30, 2010 - 11:31 PM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan and Trent Hutchin each scored a career-high 27 points and Southeastern Louisiana beat Nicholls State 84-65 on Saturday.
Rodney Jones added 11 points and Robert Tibbs 10 for the Lions (12-8, 4-3 Southland Conference), who outscored the Colonels 42-25 in the second half.
Sullivan, who also grabbed 12 rebounds in notching his 18th career double-double, scored four points in a 10-2 run that turned a 47-44 lead into a 57-46 advantage with 12:59 left.
The Lions finished 31-for-48 (64.6 percent) from the floor and 9-for-13 (69.2 percent) from behind the 3-point arc.
The Colonels, who lost at home for the first time in nine games dating to last season, got within 61-52 on a free throw by Anatoly Bose, but the Lions pushed their lead to 76-56 on a three-point play by Sullivan with 4:26 left.
Fred Hunter scored 27 points for the Colonels (7-13, 3-4).
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19