Florida State beats Boston College 61-57Jan 30, 2010 - 10:17 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Derwin Kitchen hit Florida State's only 3-pointer of the game in the closing minute and Solomon Alabi scored 16 points and had six rebounds, lifting the Seminoles to a scrappy 61-57 win over Boston College on Saturday.
Michael Snaer, Chris Singleton and Ryan Reid each finished with 10 points for the Seminoles (16-5, 4-3 Atlantic Coast Conference). It was just Florida State's third win in its last six games after a seven-game winning streak.
Rakim Sanders led the Eagles (12-10, 3-5) with 17 points. Joe Trapani had 15 and seven rebounds.
Kitchen also hit two free throws to seal it with 7.8 seconds left.
Florida State, which entered the game leading the ACC in field goal defense, held Boston College to 43.6 percent shooting - the 57th straight opponent below 50 percent.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA STATE 22 39 61
BOSTON COLLEGE 27 30 57 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA STATE - SOLOMON ALABI 16, THREE PLAYERS WITH 10
BOSTON COLLEGE - RAKIM SANDERS 17, JOE TRAPANI 15,
REGGIE JACKSON 8
Jan 30 5:03 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 22
BOSTON COLLEGE 27 HALFTIME
Jan 30 3:50 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26