UCLA pulls away late to beat Oregon State 62-52Jan 31, 2010 - 3:14 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Reeves Nelson finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds and UCLA used a late 12-2 run to pull away from Oregon State for a 62-52 victory Saturday night.
Nikola Dragovic added 13 points and Michael Roll had 11 for the Bruins (10-11, 5-4 Pac-10), who rebounded from Thursday's loss at Oregon.
Calvin Haynes had a game-high 16 points for the Beavers (9-12, 3-6), and Roeland Schaftenaar added 11.
UCLA led 38-35 before going on a 12-2 run that gave the Bruins a 50-37 lead with 4:57 to play.
Oregon State got no closer than six the rest of the way.
UCLA ended the first half on an 11-2 run to lead 24-18 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UCLA 24 38 62
OREGON STATE 18 34 52 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: UCLA - REEVES NELSON 14, NIKOLA DRAGOVIC 13,
MICHAEL ROLL 11
OREGON STATE - CALVIN HAYNES 16, ROELAND SCHAFTENAAR
11, TWO PLAYERS WITH 6
Jan 30 9:31 PM
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 18 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:21 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28